OUR APOLOGIES

We're still under construction!
It's a slow process but we're getting there!

Search This Blog

March 4, 2011

Fifty Places to Sail Before You Die

This book was chosen as the book of the month for March because, for the first time in my life, I will be taking a cruise and thought it an appropriate way to celebrate my new adventure.


Every time I go on a trip to a beautiful locale and think there is no place more beautiful I'm made aware that the beauty of this earth is unending. 

If I had a "bucket list" of places I wanted to visit before I die I would fill it with the names of many of the destinations in this book and if I could actually make it to a mere handful I would consider myself extremely fortunate!


Excerpt from inside cover:

Landlubbers joke that sailors are ever ready to head off to the ends of the earth, but Chris Santella has learned that some people take this life-changing desire very seriously.  In this, the 3rd installment  in his immensely successful "Fifty Places" series, Santella assembles a crew of championship racers, professional adventurers, and other sailing aficionados and asks them to share their favorite destinations around the globe.


French Polynesia - Mopelia
 Coastlines around the world  are represented, and the chosen spots include some spectacular inland waters like this shot of Mopelia in French Polynesia.       

No comments: